Wednesday 4 April 2018

Nadav Weisman II


Last week, I received a gentle, poetic, joy of a book all the way from Israel by Nadav Weisman. I wonder how many post men and women embraced this book as it made its long journey to Scotland.


Inspired by graphic design and modernist artist David Hockney, Nadav studied Visual Communication at Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design, Jerusalem, Israel.


This is his limited edition artist book called; 'I've Made Myself A Notebook', printed with text in Hebrew and English and including beautiful pages of sketchbook illustrations. It is a gentle whisper of minimalist illustrations, that have a Japanese elegance and quality.





"I began using sketchbooks to collect various images, some collective and some private: scenes from movies I've enjoyed, photographs I have taken, beautiful fonts. These notebooks answered my need for design and curatorship, as well as for art collecting." Nadav Weisman



It is a tender personal book full of love, treat yourself!

1 comment: