Tuesday 31 May 2016

Veera Krouglov I






Veera Krouglov has just graduated in Fine Art from Duncan of Jordanstone Art College but her work traverses many media. I thought of the creatures of Tove Janson's imagination when I saw Veera's work, the characters are enigmatic, complicated and sometimes not that friendly looking, the work of nightmares, fairy tales and cautionary tales.
"My work is an unravelling of themes, characters and personalities that I continuously pick up from various sources. I am fascinated with the endless details of life; how little birds move in that strange twitchy way, how people or animals carry themselves and interact with each other and how plants can grow in the most unexpected places. All this information gets jumbled up in my brain and turns into some sort of fantastical caricature of life. My practice consists of drawing, making ceramics and other sculptural work, making small publications and more recently animation." Veera Krouglov 

2 comments: