Saturday 25 August 2012

Gerald Rose 'Albert And The Green Bottle'


  

 




'Albert and the Green Bottle' by Elizabeth and Gerald Rose, came all the way from Canada this week to join my other favourite vintage children's books. I am so glad it did as it is a lovely book, illustrated by my favourite illustrator Gerald Rose. It is a story of a family who's son builds a boat to sail around the world. On becoming ship wrecked he writes a message in a bottle which is eaten by a giant fish, that his father subsequently lands and the search for Albert is on.

5 comments:

  1. Another pearl... I had a look at Gerald Rose in the web, I was missing a wonderful illustrator!
    Have a great weekend Hazel, thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this one looks fabulous! I really like the story-line and, of course, the images.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen this one before~ beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What kind of illustrated books do you collect? I ask because I have a few children's books on my shelf that are looking for a new home. I bought them for the amazing illustrations, but they have since been outgrown. ;-) For example, I have the original 1977 edition of The Little Hen and the Giant, illustrated by Yuri Salzman, and the original 1976 edition of Gustav the Grourmet Giant with amazing illustrations by Steven Kellogg. If you contact me at smbreau(at)gmail.com I'll send you a longer list, and if any fit what you are looking for I'd be happy to send you one or two for your collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    How do you go about finding this book? This was my favourite book as a child and I would love to be able to read it to my kids now. I have done basic searches to find it, which is how I ended up on your site, but how does the professional do it??

    ReplyDelete