Friday 31 May 2024

Emma Taylor

 


Today I am sharing 'The Wind in the Willows by Emma Taylor a sculptor of books, created in 2014.
"I saw images online of a series of book sculptures which were left anonymously in Edinburgh and just loved the concept, as you say you definitely don’t meet a book sculptor everyday or even see many images of book sculptures so it was really a bit of a revelation! I have always loved the smell and appearance of old books, so the possibility of making artwork out of them really excited me. I made the first one for a college project and uploaded an image of it to my blog, I was astonished by the positive response and a few people had asked if I would be making anymore, so I did and as they say the rest is history!"  Emma Taylor



No comments:

Post a Comment