Thursday 4 June 2020

Zine II



I think with Annie Edison Taylor throwing a cat in a barrel over Niagara to see if it may be safe for her, connected in my brain the dogs and other animals sent into space to check if we were safe to go. So I woke up wanting to make some work about dogs in space. I have to say I found it really disturbing when I found Strelka (below) looked so like my own dog Pepper. Anyway, I made a zine using images of Pepper and my friend's cat Fuzzy. 


These little four spread zines are great for exploring a subject, little repositories for research, and for someone who is essentially phobic of sketchbooks they have been a revelation. 



2 comments:

  1. Ooh, nice. And sad. Have you seen the movie, "My Life as a Dog?" It's old, I think it's Swedish. The boy was obsessed with poor Strika. Your books are a tribute and reminder. Beautiful, Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have but it has been so long, I must watch it again thank you Wendy.

      Delete