Friday 5 June 2020

Laura Davis


"I research ways of being and connection to nature through folk tales, songs, and traditions. I experience building community through singing groups, working in a Steiner community, and living in a housing co-op. I experience a connection to nature through gardening, herbal remedies, and facilitating gardening with adults with learning disabilities. I create work based on valuing each individual within the community and connection to nature. My work shows me visually what I want in the world. I can then bring reality into my life and my images. These ideas matter exponentially because we are living in a global crisis of climate change. My work shows what we are losing and how we could live. It shows the value of simplicity and an inclusive community of all plant, animal, and insect species. My work gives me access to longing for what could be and what has been. It gives space for dreaming and discussion towards action. It is hand made using traditional printing techniques. My work communicates on many levels of story and character that demonstrate the multiple values present. It can move people to access their desires for connection, community, and reconnection to the natural world." Laura Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment