Monday 6 July 2015

Craig Lee




Craig Lee's work hits you with strong pure colour and thick textured impasto of paint. It is work created through the joy of paint being core to Craig's practice.
"My work is created through an initial period of play - making gestures - from which I can then respond to, develop and discover a design. As a result of this process, my paintings reveal themselves sometimes quite quickly, or in other cases over a much longer period of time. Working with paint in such an intuitive manner, allows the materiality of paint to speak for itself, rather than being held by any other conceptual comment I could make. The Paintings in their minimalist design allow for an engaging and condensed form, which offers clarity and an image to an investigation into a process. I aim to create a synthesis between intention and process and effectively explore colour and surface which is so particular to painting." Craig Lee

1 comment: