Saturday 11 April 2015

Yoko Yamamoto I





It is strange that for Freya's Birthday we chose Alice in Wonderland as the theme, oblivious of it being Alice's 150th Birthday year. 
On arriving in Bologna I was amazed at the Alice in Wonderland carpet that guided you into the venue. 
In Bologna Alice was celebrated with an exhibition of the many published versions of 'Alice in Wonderland', I will be sharing some of these over the coming weeks. 
Today I found Yoko Yamamoto's Alice illustrations which struck me as being very musical because of the way the elements are spaced around the composition. 
Their wild sense of perspective is perfect for this story where scale and time is constantly warped and twisted. 

1 comment:

  1. Delightful illustrations! Thanks so much for sharing the wonderful works of all these artists.

    ReplyDelete