Tuesday 31 January 2012

Chris Jordan II

Chris Jordan has now entered into the arena of my hero's, they are a select and precious few. This is his Hokusai's "The Great Wave off Kanagawa" created from tones of plastic retrieved from the Pacific ocean.
To be exact 2.4 million pieces of plastic, as that is the estimated pounds of plastic that enter the worlds oceans every hour.
Strange how I was dwelling on this island of human detritus just the other day and how it is madness that it is not being dredged up and recycled or disposed of in a less random/damaging way.
Chris has done a TED talk and this latest project has been written about on Inhabitat.

2 comments:

  1. I have always loved Hokusai's The Great Wave & had seen this work by Chris Jordan before. In fact I had written a post about it on my website blog sometime ago. Very interesting & moving! Thanks for the up date on what Chris is up to now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a big Chris Jordan fan too

    ReplyDelete