Sunday 18 September 2011

The Circus . . . has come to town

At last it is all finished and ready to post tomorrow. Textiles are so under appreciated as an art form. I love to work in this media but it is a slow process, requiring incredible patients, there is no rush even when there is one and no short cuts.
Now it is time to relax and get ready for a new week and a new project.
This piece has been created for an exhibition called
Tactile in Alloa, where visitors will be encouraged to touch the work. I wanted bunting not only for the colour, but also for that ragged prayer flag feeling. I am therefore hoping that the work will improve by being touched.

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic, Hazel.. wishing your work many blissful touch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ppst - posted your lions this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing piece Hazel, I simply adore it! The bunting is super-di-duper and I so wish I could aid in its potential raggedness. Mama elephant is a creative and positive mentor for her calf. So very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Hussam, Deb and Robin, :-D

    ReplyDelete