Tuesday 14 June 2011

Astrid Jaekel

Above; Hans In Luck, Below; Astrids studio at ECA

I stumbled across Astrid Jaekel's studio when I went off the beaten track at ECA degree show, temped by these large articulated puppets of an old lady and a cat. The puppets are part of a character study that Astrid has been developing based on; 'The old Boys' by William Trevor.
Astrid is working partially with silhouettes and shadows, but she is also a painter and printmaker. I would love to see her produce a shadow theatre production but that's my bias, I love shadow puppets. I am really interested in where Astrid's work goes in the next year and looking forward to her degree show next year.

2 comments:

  1. This stuff looks great, I might have to have a wee wander when I go to see the show too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Psssst Julia it's (behind jewelry)

    ReplyDelete