Wednesday 4 September 2024

Endpaper Challenge Day 3: Fairytale; Blue Beard

 

So I wanted to try paste paper in my obsession with endpapers that has occupied many weeks of this blog. Paste papers had intrigued me as I had never seen or heard of them before this research began. I made paste with plain flour, 1 cup to 4 cups of water, heated on the hob whilst stiring and then left it to go cold before combining it with a variety of paints. Having been a printmaker at various stages of my life this technique is very like monoprinting, it is a similar process using the same types of tools and mark making  and I loved the process and the results.  Having made the paste papers and let them dry, I then worked them into the subjects of the prompts. Today being 'Fairytale I made blue beard, (the combs seemed to suit that brief ) and then used white paste paint to add the details.  Below it is in it's correct orientation with the blood stained key on the final endpaper.






No comments:

Post a Comment