Thursday 11 July 2024

Jonathan Baldock

Unfortunately I missed Jonathan Baldock's  exhibition 'Touch Wood' (above) at TheYorkshire Sculpture Park last week, so I have been trying to catch his work virtually and have found these wonderfully disturbing human plants inspired by Jonathon's mum's garden made with ceramic and textiles 




"This show takes inspiration from my mum, and her garden. When it’s drawn from somewhere so personal I think it does make you feel more exposed and more protective of it, (which I guess is natural?). I’ve absolutely loved working on this show over the last year and it’s been one of the best things to able to share this with my mum and bring her physically into the work. It’s the first time I have included casts of another body in my work… Here’s one of the works in the show with the face of my one and only mum (above)." Jonathan Baldock




No comments:

Post a Comment