Thursday 27 April 2023

A Forth of Nature.


 It's been a busy week' I got the opportunity to paint a mural in one of Fifes most beautiful restaurants, The Ship Inn in Elie and I have competed it today. The Forth of Nature celebrates the drama of gannets and mackerel in the Forth. 
Last year was a bad year for avian flu in the Forth and the usually bright white of the bass rock is no more, as the gannet population has been decimated.  I couldn't bring myself to paint these birds that have been a personal favourite for the last few years last year, but as an image of hope and recovery it has been joyous to make this image rich with gannet dive bubbles and the lustre of mackerel. 






2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so brilliant Hazel. I love your work!

    ReplyDelete