Tuesday 23 March 2021

Betye Saar II

             

Above 'Birds of a Feather' 2010, 

Here is a selection of collages by Betye Saar, Betye Saar was born in Los Angeles in 1926.

"I never had the stroke for the mainstream. But the flotsam and jetsam of tides is what I make my art from; I recycle things that I find. It’s not only materials, images, and objects, but feelings and ideas." Betye Saar

                   


Above: 'Mother and Children in Blue',1998, Below: 'The Blue Madonna's 1996. 
 "I grew up in a family with strong older women who led and inspired the rest of us to find our voices and embrace our creativity. These wise, wonderful women were the matriarchs of our family and I find myself naturally drawn toward women who fill that role in their own." Betye Saar

              

Below: Woman with Bird in Her Hair, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment