Tuesday 5 January 2021

Kat Sokolova

 


"This is my personal ongoing project about loneliness during pandemic and lockdown. I feel loneliness myself because I miss my family and friends. I came up with a character - wolf Nestor which represents the feelings such as melancholy, sadness and loneliness on the top of anxiety and fears to show anyone who can relate (and there are probably many people) that they are not alone." Kat Sokolova

These illustrations have a pace about them the sit in time and make you take in the texture of the fur the pattern and the scene, delicate they hold your attention and tell their story, I wish that Kat wasn't feeling lonely and I wish I could go and meet her in a cafe, but for now, I really appreciate her personal illustrations, capturing the long wait and uncertainty of life in the time of covid.

No comments:

Post a Comment