Friday 7 August 2020

Last


Today the postman bought me a treat that I would like to share. It is a new book by the wonderful children's author Nicola Davis called, 'Last'. This is her first author illustrated book with the innovative, award-winning; Tiny Owl Publishing. It is a poignant true story about endangered species and its illustrations a mixture of watercolour and layered text are incredible.

" When I was illustrating this book the words I used on the buildings and animals came from various sources. these were random snippets of advertising slogans, and short phrases from famous environmental speeches made by Martin Luther King, Chief Seattle and Paul Hawken. My aim was to contrast the bleakness of advertising with inspirational words . . ." Nicola Davis 

No comments:

Post a Comment