Sunday 19 May 2019

Sandra Allan


This is Sandra Allan's apocalyptic, Blue Peter vision of her home town in Fife. absolutely unflinching in its honesty, autobiography and calm understanding portrayal of a world gone wrong.
"Born and raised in a mining village in 1970, Blue Peter was a favourite children’s programme of mine. I spent hours trying to recreate Cindy and Barbie houses as a child. This was the inspiration for my latest work. Creating a village through my eyes as an adult. Inspired by Nathan Coley, his cardboard churches enabled me to be inspired to work with this material. My choice of recycled cardboard enabled me to work within a reasonable budget to produce a fictional village. This material is very flexible. I want to promote recycling to an audience that might be inspired to enable a future generation that art can be fun as well as inexpensive." Sandra Allan
Photo of Sandra Allan


The Duncan of Jordanstone College of Art and Design, Degree Show 2019 runs from Saturday until the 26th f May.









No comments:

Post a Comment