Wednesday 29 April 2015

Andrea D'Aquino I







"Excited" is too small a word to describe my feelings about this project that miraculously found me. For the last few months, I've been working on a freshly-illustrated version of Lewis Carroll's "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". (An almost preposterous concept, for any artist - I'll be the first to say). It'll be published in Sept. 2015, this is simply a sneak peak at the dummy copy. I'll say much more about it, later in the year." Andrea D'Aquino 
A tiny glimpse of Andrea D'Aquino's version of Alice in Wonderland, to be published in September by Rockport books. I really love the 'surprise' statement excerpts on the page ends and the loose, abstract, splashy style of the illustrations in paint, combined with Andrea's characteristic use of collage. I'm really looking forward to seeing more.

5 comments: