Tuesday 24 September 2013

Lee Price I



 I am drawn to the aerial perspective, intimacy and realism of these works by Lee Price.
"My paintings are self-portraits. In most of my paintings, what I want to get across is a sense of distraction. How we grasp for things that distract us from being present when the present is too uncomfortable for us to sit with. How this "checking out" (or compulsion) often creates more harm than if we had just sat with the discomfort in the first place. I think the best ones show not only the negative aspects of this behaviour but also the comfort that's found in doing it... and the absurdity of it." Lee Price 

2 comments:

  1. Incredible... I thought that they were photographs to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee works very closely with a photographer Charis, they are amazing though!

      Delete