Monday 24 May 2021

Colour Collective and accidental stories

 


I was away last week, mostly internet-free, and wanting agenda-free creativity to allow me to enjoy my time. I looked up #colour_collective who provide a weekly colour prompt. I often try to respond to this but all too often have worked myself beyond exhaustion and am unable to make the Friday evening deadline. 

In abstract paint blobs and shapes, through cross-eyed scrutiny, I have found dancers, fighters, conductors and others. 

I like working this way, I like the surprise characters that emerge to hint at stories.



2 comments:

  1. I love these, Hazel! Did your pigeon, upper right, start as a color blob first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Wendy but with more intent in the outcome, in that I knew I wanted pigeons, I just find it a looser way of working. X and thank you X

      Delete