Monday 25 January 2021

Seumas A Ghlinne for Burns Day


In the autumn last year I met my dear friend for an appointment, a covid safe museum visit and after we wandered down to the High Street, to possibly get a coffee, I the end we visited a crazy junk and antiquities shop and peered in through the window. In the window there were treasures but amongst them this odd fellow, a Haggis!

This one created from an old fur coat plastic nose, glass eyes, 4 duck feet, and who knows what the tusks were. But this odd creature was the creation of Seumas A Ghlinne and the proof and evidence of his study and book: 'The Haggis - an endangered species' by Seumas A Ghlinne Published by Rose Wind Press, 1995. 

I adore its craziness, the haggi itself was not for sale but the book was so I have one of the very few copies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment