Tuesday 19 January 2021

Leeches and Viruses


I have been in a grove, a non-productive brooding grove, unlike me. 
I am eaten up not only by covid doom, but by the monstrous corruption in the UK, along with trying to survive on zero income and keep my family happy and healthy.


Weirdly and completely unrelated to this creation when joking with a friend last week, leeches came up and I was thinking of how I would love to illustrate them with rosy cheeks and blood-red lipstick and then during the night, this idea appeared and grew and I worked on it and it grew some more. 


I wanted to get Boris Johnstone's ties in it, the fish one he wore to meet with the EU made me seeth with rage at his childish, arrogant, rudeness. I also wanted to get choice Latin phrases in, as Boris ignorantly peppers hs speaches and statements with these, and 'errrms' and other nonsence. 
The ongoing traumatically awful missmanagement of; public health, the vaccination program and the horrific amounts of public monies squirreled away by cronies for no public service or detrimental public service. 


The ongoing, never ending lies the corruption, the croniesm, the scapegoating and removal of laws to protect us, the enviroment and workers. 


Well you get it, a parade of hell, all seasoned with awful news from arround the world. 

 


Good to process all that anger into some smiley leeches and covid viruses, communicate my frustration and try to move on. 

2 comments:

  1. That needs to be published. I suspect it would go down very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your anger was transformed in such a fun, clear and subversive way that it created a fantastic object !

    ReplyDelete