Monday 31 August 2020

Susanna Majuri


Susanna Majuri is a Finnish photographer, with a painterly style, creating layered imagery often using water.

”My photographs can be seen as different places for emotions. I want to narrate feelings like in novels. I photograph strangers, they invoke my desire, and I ask them to come with me. I conceal my dreams and desires in images. Water paints with me, it merges the people and the landscapes together. Feelings can be revealed, but remain hidden. You can recognise these photographed places in your imagination. Mysteries will become your secrets, and I want to take you into your dreams. Here, in the images, my protagonists sing with tunes of joy and yearning. I borrow poet Tua Forsström: I said it was a dream, because I wanted to stay.” Susanna Majuri

 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment