Tuesday 6 November 2018

Extinction


Lonesome George the last Pinta Island Tortoise.

Having participated in the House of Illustration's Inches project in September and then having been pushed into Inktober by my daughter, last night I thought on all that I have done. Though often in a rush to fit it around my other duties, these month long challenges have made me make pictures every day and that has been great.

Therefore I did not want to leave November with no daily regime of art work.
Luckily I was invited by Karoliina Pertamo to look, as an artist, at the new horrific report on extinction and how in the last 50 years we have lost 60% of global species. 
So I have decided my new project for November is highlighting the species extinction that has occurred in my lifetime.



No comments:

Post a Comment