Thursday 7 June 2018

Nicola Fabian



At ECA jeweller Nicola Fabian has also been drawing inspiration from botanicals, her sketchbooks are meticulously pressed specimens and the results a stunningly beautiful, organic compost of silver flora.



"The South African landscape and my mother’s jungle of a garden are my sources of inspiration. This collection of work aims to communicate the fragmented and sometimes ambiguous memories of my childhood in South Africa. Arrangements of leaves, flowers and seed pods that remind me of home have been used to translate my memories into tangible objects. Transformed into metal through the process of casting, these natural elements are an imperfect and evocative memory of the original form and encapsulate the ephemeral nature of my memories. " Nicola Fabian





No comments:

Post a Comment