Friday 9 June 2017

Cat Hills


Cat Hills graduation show at Dundee featured monsters drawn and made large as textile sculptures occupying space and encouraging you to use them for comfort.
As a child, my fears and feelings materialised into monsters of a purely imaginative nature. I drew creatures with sharp teeth and long claws to make sense of the darkness under my bed or the bump in the night. Revisiting this, my interest now lies within the therapeutic value of drawing. More specifically, how mental monsters help to depict an emotional state and well being. I work through sketches and sculpture to make sense of this intangible topic, addressing the realities of something which, as we grow older, can become the monsters we imagined as children. Cat Hills





No comments:

Post a Comment