Wednesday 10 August 2016

Olivia Lomenech Gill












Bookshops can be dangerous places for me, but  what an incredible treat I had yesterday visiting the award winning gem of a shop; The Bookmark in Grantown-on-Spey, owned and run by indomitable Mrs Marjory Marshall for the last 9 years.
This enthusiastic, inspirational, knowledgeable lady is a joy to spend time with so if you are ever in Scotland make sure you visit her shop.
The danger for me yesterday was a hardback of 'Where my wellies take me', designed and illustrated by Olivia Lomenech Gill, written by Clare and Michael Morpurgo.

 MrsMarshall told me that the illustrations for this book took over two years for Olivia to compose and gather.This book is of the richest and most beautiful sketchbook format, with delightful, informative illustrations interwoven through poetry and narrative, with secret pages that fold out, like the best walk, it has magic to be discovered.
Illustrations from this book and warhorse are currently on display at the Hayloft Gallery, Paxton House, Berwick on Tweed until the end of October.

No comments:

Post a Comment