Sunday 12 July 2015

Hazel Terry, Give Nature a Home III

I needed a change from intense rendering of fur and wanted to try to create an image that carried on from the work I did for 'Give Nature a Home'. Many current government policies are directly impacting on British wildlife as indeed around the world government and corporate policies do.
In Britain; it is badger culls, the possible repeal of fox hunting ban and a new laxer approach to the removal of bird nests from development sites. This combined with massive cuts to wildlife organisations and the removal of green belts all make a toxic administration in charge of our environment.
Of course animals cannot campaign or vote, so my sketches and final image played with this as an idea. My placard statement is not permanent as I had a variety that I wanted to use.

2 comments: