Tuesday 24 February 2015

David Stone Martin





Something happened last week my neurons pinged in a strange way and a new project was started. So as of today I am hoping with my students to create fake bands, fake album covers and posters and then use these to raise money for charity by having a competition with them. Whatever happens it will be fun, as even just starting it the photographs were fun bu the editing and choosing names and titles adds to the smiles. So tomorrow I am going to work armed with wigs, instruments and hats.

Because of this I am going to celebrate some graphic designers who worked on album covers.
David Stone Martin (1913-1992) is best known for his album covers of which he produced over 400 many of them for Jazz artists. Here are some examples of his bold use of colour and expressive line work.

1 comment: