Thursday 20 February 2014

Ilija Bašičević Bosilj II




More magical work by Ilija Bašičević Bosilj (2 August 1895 – 1972). Iljia was born in 1895 in Šid. Vojvodina the ninth child in his family. He worked as a farmer and wine maker until he was 62. He produced his first gouaches and drawings in 1957 and from 1958. started working in oil paint, in his life time despite being late to commence a career in art he was acclaimed and exhibited widely. 

"It seems to me that the old people were right when they said that there is a constant battle between the good and the evil, only one never knows what is good and what is bad. For all I used to love, I hate now, and all I used to hate I love now, so who can be clever? In my life I  heard some words, and I remember the that a man is a scarf with two faces."  Ilija Bašičević Bosilj

2 comments:

  1. coloré et animé : un moment de soleil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen his work before and I'm such a fan. I love his use of color and especially the organic forms. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete