Tuesday 18 June 2013

Laura McGlinchey



I travelled to Aberdeen yesterday to see the degree show at Gray's School of Art
There was some wonderful work on display that I will share over the next few days.
This piece is by Laura McGlinchey and is as large as it is bright and textured. You can see how her pieces are constructed on her website.

"The paintings that I make are determined by the materials that I can find within my immediate surroundings - billboard paper, event fliers, general advertisement posters , and can logistically take back to the studio." The materials that I find and the way in which I use them, constantly refer back to their original urban context. These environments were selected because they are places that I have associations with and personal memories of. Memories give us knowledge in which to move forward in life." Laura McGlinchey

No comments:

Post a Comment