Wednesday 1 May 2013

Hairy Fish



I am a bin raker and when I found this piece of cowhide cast aside, I offered to make a guinea pig, but Fay one of our HND furniture students was adamant that she wanted a hairy fish! 
I like a challenge and 4 broken needles later had made a hairy fish, whiskery and eyeless, like a very deep water fish. On the way to deliver it, I wanted a picture of it to put it in context. The local fishmonger was very helpful and added it to his window display, a perfect start to the day. 
Thank you Jay for sorting out the label to make it all perfectly strange.

3 comments:

  1. fantastic! what a great fishmonger to oblige an artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! Wow! I image that would be hard to sew---4 broken needles! Glad you made this sort of ode to Oppenheim and dada art! How fun that your fishmonger humored you and gave you a chance to photo it!

    ReplyDelete