Saturday 13 October 2012

An Interesting Week

It has been an interesting week as I started a new job on top of my new/old job, and so it has been a hard days night, working around the clock.
Danielle in NCICA, self portrait work

I have to say I love my work, I meet great people and I love helping them in anyway that I can to realise dreams and learn new skills, as well as have great fun along the way.

My new job with IDI is fascinating. For years I have been aware of this approach to art teaching (teaching online) and I was sceptical. 
This blog, the other two blogs I contribute to, and to some extent facebook, have helped to confirm to me that I could teach art in this way. Initially after just one week, I have to say, I miss being able to draw an example or demonstrate how you can use different media, but there are ways around this and I am sure I will get more creative in pursuing them as time passes.
IDI has wonderfully structured courses with great accessible support material and it is fantastic to be teaching people from all around the world. 
There are pros and cons to both ways of delivering art classes and it is interesting for me to meet the challenges of both. 
This week I have a holiday from face to face teaching and hopefully some time to spend with my family and relaxing.

4 comments:

  1. I just wanted to leave a quick comment to let you know I'm really pleased to have come across your blog - I've very much enjoyed browsing through such an interesting variety of art and artists. P.S. good luck with the new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checked out IDI - looks very interesting - Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new job, sounds fascinating, best luck;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an opening opportunity, Hazel. Many warm wishes. I love following your work and experiences!
    Susan
    PS I like your photograph selection with this post. It reminds me that I carry within me (my cells) all those I meet.

    ReplyDelete