Wednesday 19 September 2012

Waste Land (2010)






My Friend Tash told me of this film and after watching this trailer I bought it. Yesterday I watched it with my students and I have to say it is wonderful, truly inspiring. It always amazes me how I can miss things like this, but better late than never. The film follows photographer Vik Muniz as he initialises and completes an amazing project in Jardim Gramacho, the landfill site for 70% of  Rio's rubbish.                                                                                                                                                                                 

2 comments:

  1. It was inspiring! We just watched it this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going to spread the word about this - it gets released in Australia on Dec 1st.

    ReplyDelete