Sunday 2 September 2012

Tom Cies




It is autumn here, already there is a nip in the air and the dark nights and mornings are moving in.  The pallet and composition of Tom Cies work makes me think of colder Autumn days. The harvest from your garden, that is a last precious bowl or vase of summer. 
Tom Cies's work pays respect to the artists of last century Braque, Cezanne, Gris and Picasso but it also reminds me of British artists such as Ben Nicholson.
"Each painting for me is an unpredictable construction, balancing complex variables in an abstraction that seeks a decisive solution… puzzles that I create and then try to solve . . ." Tom Cies

2 comments:

  1. These are soo exciting!The colors and arrangements are very pleasing to look at. I want to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice colours, nice flowers! Both bright and peaceful, I like it.

    ReplyDelete