Monday 23 April 2012

Christy Kinard







With still lives boardering on abstraction Christy Kinard's development is almost mirroring the transitions made by Mondrian when painting his fantastic trees, wonderful bright collaged paintings. 
"I created my own visual language partially inspired by the Southern quilting tradition. While quilting is a globally practiced art, the South has its own unique style. My great aunts, who sewed kaleidoscope patchwork with patterned squares of fabric, exposed me to this style. Instead of picking up a needle, however, I picked up a paintbrush to paint and collage layers of patterns and textures with simplified bold shapes and weaving lines." Christy Kinard

4 comments:

  1. A fabby bright start to my Monday, what a great blog!
    Thank you for all the inspiration.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide which one I love the most - they are all fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, what a nice start on a monday! I Love the colors and your blog is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fantastic! I can see the kaleidoscope patchwork influence. Textiles meets abstract meets still life meets collage. Ace!

    ReplyDelete